Teaching AP CS Principles
Preparing instructors of all experience levels to teach AP Computer Science Principles
No prior computer science or technology teaching experience required.
AP Computer Science Principles
About the course
This professional learning program will provide you with the information and resources you will need to successfully facilitate the AP CSP course in a blended learning environment at your school. This program includes:
- A comprehensive overview of the components and features of the AP CSP curriculum
- A journey through a highlights track of the various types of lessons found in the AP CSP curriculum
- Self-paced coding tracks that allow you to learn to code in Scratch and Python while also becoming familiar with the lessons and features of the AP CSP curriculum
- A deep dive into the AP CSP course, performance tasks, and exam requirements
- Robust resources and activities that explore the dynamic role and responsibilities of the AP CSP teacher, preparing you to facilitate the lessons and projects, use and respond to assessments, and customize the AP CSP course to meet your students' unique needs
While taking this course, teachers will have access to the AP CSP course and Project STEM’s extensive support resources.
Contact us to learn more.