Teaching CS Explorations 1
Preparing instructors of all experience levels to teach CS Explorations 1
No prior computer science or technology teaching experience required.
CS Explorations 1
About the course
Teaching CS Explorations 1 is a professional learning program that will provide you with the information and resources you need to effectively facilitate the CS Explorations 1 course.
The program includes:
- A comprehensive overview of the CS Explorations 1 curricular and instructional materials, including lessons, projects, assessments, and teacher resources
- An exploration of the key coding concepts introduced in the CS Explorations 1 course
- Interviews, model lessons, and insights from experienced computer science educators
- Robust resources and activities that explore the dynamic role and responsibilities of the CS Explorations 1 teacher, preparing you to facilitate the lessons and projects, use and respond to assessments, and customize the CS Explorations 1 course to meet your students' unique needs
Teaching CS Explorations 1 is a 10 hour professional learning program with 7 hours of self-paced, online modules and 3 one-hour webinars, focused on the following topics:
|CS Explorations 1 Curricular Overview|
|Deep Dives into First Units|
|Teaching In-person & Online|
|Grading, Assessment, & Acting on Data|
|Cultivating Student Engagement|
|Differentiating for Diverse Student Populations|
|Teaching for Equity and Inclusion|
Anytime, Anywhere Learning
The CS Explorations 1 PD course is strategically designed with the following characteristics to meet the needs of busy educators:
- Anytime, anywhere access to professional learning through an online learning management system accessible from both computers and mobile devices
- Three live-streamed and recorded webinars to learn directly from your Project STEM Coaches
- Autograded checkpoints for immediate feedback
- Just-in-time instructional resources and supplemental materials can be used both in preparation for teaching CS Explorations 1 as well as throughout the school year
- Optional extension activities to meet you where you are and further your strategies for successfully facilitating CS Explorations 1, whether you are a new or experienced computer science teacher
As you progress through the modules, your learning in this professional learning program will be supported by one or more members of our world-class Project STEM PD Coaching Team. Your coach will answer questions and provide individualized feedback on your final assignment as well as share periodic tips or course reminders.
In addition to the PD-specific support from your Project STEM coach, we are also committed to supporting your Scratch coding questions through the Teacher Forum and your technical questions through our support team.